AIIMS 2018 Chemistry: As you know the AIIMS 2017 was moderate level. Unlike physics, the chemistry subject was not that much tough, but still, some students find complication in few questions.
Chemistry is the subject that requires a lot of logical sense to solve questions.The subject is divided into 3 parts: Organic, Inorganic and Physical chemistry.
To make sure you score well in chemistry section, you must understand the correct strategy for preparation.
AIIMS 2018 Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry is one of the areas where most of the student’s struggles, it is not very complicated, but sometimes it is hard to absorb.
- Never learn the reaction instead practice them daily.
- Don’t move to the new chapter until and unless you are fully confident with one chapter.
- To understand the organic chemistry concepts correctly, study Organic Chemistry by David Klein.
- When it comes to Inorganic chemistry, you have to learn some theories because there are concepts which can’t be generalised through logical understanding.
- All the notes are given systematically in NCERT book. It will help you to remember the points accurately.
- Other than NCERT book you can use Chemistry O.P Tondan for understanding p-block.
- In physical chemistry, you have to solve questions which require a lot of calculation. The more you solve questions, the more you get the idea about the approximation.
- With solving numerical question don’t ignore the theoretical section. For becoming good in theory, nothing is better than NCERT.
- Be thorough with the concept of equilibrium.In Ionic Equilibrium know what approximations are usually made.
AIIMS 2018 Chemistry Syllabus
|S. No.||Class 11th||Class 12th|
|1.||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|2.||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|3.||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|4.||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|5.||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|6.||Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7.||Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|8.||Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|10.||s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|11.||Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers|
|12.||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13.||Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|16.||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
AIIMS 2018 Chemistry Quick Tips
- First, like NEET, you have to study from NCERT books.
- Secondly, as mention above for organic chemistry, you can refer to ‘Chemistry by David Klein’.
- In this subject never procrastinate, continue to progress daily with the different concept.
- While studying anything, organise study notes, so you won’t waste time in locating the concepts.
- Take time to review the charts, diagram and maths formula.
- Sometimes you can use study partner, like whenever you learn or understand any specific concept you can explain it to your partner. It will help you remember the chapters
If you want to clear your concepts, then you can download the subject-wise Animated Video Free Apps on your phones.
Hope this post on ‘AIIMS 2018 Chemistry’ was helpful for you. So do like and share this post on your social networking accounts so more students can benefit out of this. In addition to this, you can call us at our toll-free number 18001028506 for any further help.