DASA 2018 (Direct Admission of Students Abroad), it is an admission process meant only for NRIs(Non-Resident Indian), Foreign National and PIO(Person of Indian Origin).Through this process, one can enrol in engineering courses, in institutes like NITs, IIITs, SPAs(School of Planning and Architecture) and other premier institutes.
Those who are seeking admission in DASA must apply Online at www.dasanit.org. After applying for DASA, your SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) scores must be directly sent from the USA to Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur.
DASA 2018 Important Dates
The below information would be updated once the notification released in the month of January 2018.
|Submission of Online Application||April 1st Week 2018 to June 1nd Week 2018|
|Last date for receipt of SAT Subject Test Score||June 1st week 2018|
|First round of seat allotment||June 3rd Week 2018|
|Confirmation of Seat to candidates in round 1||Anytime in June 3rd Week 2018|
|Second Round of Seat Allotment||June 4th week 2018|
|Confirmation of Seat candidates in round 2||June 4th week 2018|
|Third Round of Seat Allotment||June 4th week to July 1st week.|
|Confirmation of seat candidates on Round 3||July 1st week|
|Fourth Round of seat candidates allotment||July 2nd week|
|Announcement of vacant seat matrix for Spot round||July last week|
DASA 2018 Eligibility
- Only if you are born on or after October 01, 1993 can you apply for DASA 2018
- You must pass the examination for senior secondary education or equivalent from any system of education as recognised by Association of Indian Universities.
- Also, make sure that you must have passed in physics, chemistry and biology.
- The minimum aggregate marks should be at least 60% or 6.50 CGPA (on a 10 point scale).
- When it comes to SAT score, it should be minimum 1800. The SAT score has to be sent to VNIT Nagpur (Institute Code: 7035) directly.
DASA 2018 Reservation for Gulf Student
- Within 15% of NRI/Foreign quota, 5% are reserved for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf.
- Countries like Bahrain, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates comes under CIWG(Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries).
- For CIWG quota you must be having proof of either parent working in gulf country. Like the copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf, a copy of Parent’s visa, copy of Parent’s Work Permit (If any), Certificate from the company/organisation as proof that parent is working in gulf country.
- CIWG candidate has to make a payment of USD 300 as registration fee (non-refundable) and US$ 4000 towards tuition fee for one semester.
DASA 2018 Application Process
- The first step is to create an account www.dasanit.org .
- Once you opened the site, you will be asked to provide specific information.
- In the second step, you have to provide the valid email id; it will become your user id.
- An email will be sent to your mail with a link to complete the address.
- Click the web link.
- Enter applicant id.
- Enter the Password((preferably a combination of uppercase, lowercase, number and symbol to be chosen by the applicant).
- Confirm Password.
- Once correct details are entered, registration is complete.
- You are advised to note the applicant id and password for future logins.
DASA 2018 Application Process(Other Information)
During the application process, you need to upload the photo, signature and scanned copies of the essential documents.
- Passport Size photograph in JPG format(size ~ 3.5cmx3.5cm, file size < 100kB).
- Scanned signature in JPG format (file size<100 kB).
- Scanned copies of relevant documents in JPG /JPEG format (the size of each such file <500 kB Colour/B&W/Gray Scale).
When it comes to uploading documents, you must have scanned copies of the below mentioned documents:
- You must have the Passport. If you are from Nepal and don’t have the passport, then you can submit Authenticated Citizenship Card.
- Proof of date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th and 12th.
- Also, along with mark sheet, you must have the certificate from school authorities.
- In case you have not completed 12th while filling the application then you have to give an undertaking.
- Proof of last five years of education in the foreign country in case of NRI.
- Details and proof of fee payment in case of payment by SWIFT transfer.
DASA 2018 Payment Structure
- If you are making the e-payment, then you shall access the Online payment, developed by VNIT Nagpur which will be interlinked with Canara Bank Payment Gateway.
- The payment can be made through Debit/Credit card.
- On successful completion of the transaction, a transaction ID would be generated.
- Payment can be made through bank transfer to CANARA BANK:
|CITIBANK NA, NY (SWIFT CODE: CITIUS33XXX)|
|Account with Institution
|CANARA BANK FOREX CELL NAGPUR (Swift/BIC code: CNRBINBBFXN)|
|Beneficiary Customer-Account-Name and
|Account Number:0265201012335 Account Name: VNIT DASA 2017 Address: CANARA BANK GANDHI NAGAR BRANCH 32, CORPORATION COLONY NORTH AMBAZARI ROAD NAGPUR 440010 INDIA|
*0 in the IFSC code is numerical ZERO
|Details of Charges
DASA 2018 Fee Structure
- A total amount of US$ 4300(US Dollar Four thousand three hundred only) is required to be paid along with application form.The US$ 4000 is the first-semester tuition fee and rest US$ 300 is a non-refundable registration fee.
- If you belong to any SAARC(South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) countries, then you will be eligible for 50% tuition fee along with application fee.
- The hostel fees and other expenses may typically range from institute to institute. You have to pay the fees directly to the institute at the time of admission.
DASA 2018 Mode of Examination
- The admission will be done on the basis of SAT(Scholastic Aptitude Test) test scores only.
- In case you have given SAT multiple time, your best score will be communicated by college board to use it for computing the total SAT score.
- Given below are the SAT examination pattern;
|Section||Component||Time Allotted||No. of Question|
|2.||Writing and Language||35||44|
- The duration of the exam is 3 hrs and 45 minutes
- It is a complete Online exam.
- It is a multiple choice question. Only few question will focus in-depth analysis of content.
If you want to clear your concepts, then you can download the subject-wise Animated Video Free Apps on your phones.
Also, if you are preparing for NATA 2018 click here.
Hope this post on ‘DASA 2018’ was helpful for you. So do like and share this post on your social networking accounts so more students can benefit out of this. In addition to this, you can call us at our toll-free number 18001028506 for any further help.