IISERs(Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research) are the group of Science Education and Research group of India.These institutes are there in 7 parts of the country.The first IISER was established in Kolkata in 2006.This Institute was created by the government of India through Ministry of Human Resource Development, under the National Institue of technology act 2007.This year the IISER 2017 Admission process will start from May 22, 2017 onwards.
IISER 2017 Admission: Important Dates
|May 22||Application open for all channel|
|June 12||Last date for applications through KVPY Channel|
|June 15||Seat allocation begins for KVPY Channel|
|June 18||Last date for application through SCB Channel|
|June 19||Last Date for application through JEE channel and seat allocation begins for JEE Channel|
|June 25||IISER aptitude test for SCB Channel|
|July 4||Result of the aptitude test are announced|
|July 5||Seat allocation Begins for SCB channel|
|Late July or Early August||Semester starts in IISERs|
IISER 2017 Admission: Eligibility
To qualify for IISER 2017 you have can choose following channels below.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY): If you are having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2017-18 academic session them you will become eligible. More details are provided in the next heading.
- JEE Channel: To qualify for the admission process in IISER you must secure a rank below 10,000 in JEE Advance 2017.
- SCB Channel: In this category, you should pass 10+2 in Science Stream in 2016 or 2017 with marks equal or above the cutoff percentage in their respective boards as given below are eligible to apply.
Name of the Board Cut-off percentage Andhra Pradesh 95.4 Bihar 71.0 Goa 83.3 Haryana 86.3 Jammu Kashmir 84.4 Karnataka 87.5 Madhya Pradesh 82.0 Manipur 77.6 Mizoram 67.4 Orissa 71.6 Rajasthan 78.7 Tripura 68.2 Uttarkhand 67.9 CBSE 90.0 Viswa-Bharthi 83.1 Telengana 97.3 Assam 74.5 Chattisgarh 76.6 Gujarat 65.9 Himachal Pradesh 79.7 Jharkhand 57.3 Kerala 93.3 Maharashtra 77.9 Meghalya 68.3 Nagaland 66.5 Punjab 80.7 Tamil Nadu 95.2 Uttar Pradesh 74.2 West Bengal 78.9 ICSE 92.9 AMU Board 81.4
IISER 2017 Admission: Details about KVPY
For KVPY(Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) there are ways to qualify:
- If you have already enrolled in class 11th standard and have secured minimum 80% marks aggregate in mathematics and science(Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects.
- Whereas, if you have enrolled in 12th standard still your minimum aggregate must be 80% marks in 10th standard. Also, you must score 60% marks aggregate in Mathematics and Science in 12th class.
- If you are in the first year of UG course in science stream you can still apply. But, in such case, you must have scored more than 60% aggregate in 12th board exam from science stream. Also, while studying in the first year your aggregate marks should be 60% in B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Math. /B.Stat. /Int. M.Sc. /M.S.
IISER 2017 Admission: Examination Pattern
- The question paper of IISER Aptitude Test 2017 will be based on the PCMB.
- Also, it will be multiple choice question paper.
- It will be the offline and paper based test.
- The question paper will be of 180 marks.
- The time duration of the paper is 3 hours.
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded.
- Whereas for incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Subject No of Questions Total Marks Physics 15 15×3=45 Chemistry 15 15×3=45 Biology 15 15×3=45 Maths 15 15×3=45 Total 60 180
Secondly, if you are planning to give NEET 2017 then try NEET Mock Test to test your preparation level.
Hope this post on ‘IISER 2017 Admission’ was helpful for you. Do like and share this post on your social networking accounts so more students can benefit out of this. In addition to this, you can call us at our toll-free number 1800 102 8506 for any further help.