KVPY 2019|Malayalam|-Today we will talk about KVPY 2019. First of all, we need to understand what is KVPY? Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship program funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India, to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science.
First, you have to appear for the aptitude test which is a computer-based. You must clear the cut off marks to qualify for the interview. Once you clear the interview round, you will be awarded the KVPY fellowship.
Now let’s all understand the benefits of getting KVPY fellowship award; what opportunities it will create after +2?
- After clearing KVPY exam you will get direct admission to top institutes like IISc and the various IISERs. You can also get admission into IIIT-Hyderabad, which is considered as one of the best institutes for computer science.
- The scholarship (monthly and yearly) will be received during your basic science course (3 years or 5 Year integrated course). You will receive the scholarship from 1st year onwards of your graduation. The KVPY scholars receive Rs. 5000 monthly scholarship from 1st to 3rd year of BSc/ BStat/ BS/ BMaths/ Integrated M.S./MSc and an annual contingency grant of Rs.20,000. After three years the scholarship is enhanced to Rs.7, 000 per month during MSc/ 4th & 5th year of Integrated M.S./MSc and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 28,000.
- If you are an IIT aspirant, the KVPY exam is a good opportunity to test your concepts understanding and application of logic, which is required to clear JEE Advanced. NEET (Medical) aspirants can test their PCB concepts through KVPY exam.
- You will have less pressure of class 12 board or JEE/NEET preparation. You will know that you are already qualified to study in top Indian institutes.
- A KVPY scholar is allowed free entry to all National libraries in the country! You will be able to attend all science camps.
How many students appear for the exam?
Nearly lakhs of students gave KVPY exam. Last year more than 4169 students got the KVPY fellowship in which 2017 were from SA category, 2076 were from SX category and 76 from SB category. Numbers may vary every year.
Now the question is what is SA, SX and SB category?
- Stream SA: Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2018-19 and have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination. The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2020-21 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination.
- Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard/ (+2) (Science subjects) during the academic year 2018–19 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. for the session 2019–20 provided they have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination and a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Examination.
- Stream SB: Students enrolled in the 1st year of the undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2018–19 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII Standard Board Examination. In the 1st year final examination of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. they must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship is awarded.
What is KVPY syllabus?
There is no prescribed syllabus for the aptitude test. The aptitude test aims to test the understanding and analytical ability of the student than his/her factual knowledge. However, students are tested for the syllabus up to class X/XII/1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. as applicable.
What is the KVPY exam pattern?
- It is a computer-based test.
- The medium of the exam will be in English and Hindi.
- There will be 80 questions in SA stream and 120 questions in SB/SX stream. All of them will be multiple choice questions (M.C.Q).
- The part 1 of SA and SB/SX stream carries one mark for each question whereas for part 2 will be carrying two marks.
- For every incorrect answer, 1/4 marks will be deducted from part 1 and whereas 2/4 marks will come from part 2 section.
KVPY Exam Pattern for SA Stream
|Section||Part 1 Question||Part 2 Question||Total Marks|
KVPY Exam Pattern for SB/SX Stream
|Section||Part 1 Question||Part 2 Question||Total Marks|
When can I get the application form?
The KVPY is publishing its detailed advertisement on 2nd Sunday of the month of July every year. The application form can be obtained after the publication of the advt.
Feel free to call us at our TOLL-FREE number 1800-4191-870 or write to us at email@example.com if you need any help with NEET preparation. Do drop your suggestions for future video topics. Also, visit www.oztern.com to try our courses for NEET, JIPMER, AIIMS, JEE MAIN/ADVANCED free of cost for a limited time. Happy Preparation!!