NEET 2018 Chemistry: The NEET 2017 Chemistry was moderate in comparison to physics. The best part about chemistry was all questions came from NCERT.Compare to last year it was less tricky.Most of the question were conceptual and application-based.
Most of the questions came from Organic Chemistry, Carbon Cycle, Inorganic Chemistry among others.
NEET 2018 Chemistry
- Just like physics, chemistry also takes the time to master. So, if you are really struggling with this subject then try and understand the chemical reaction first.
- To understand chemistry in deep you should read theoretical concept first.You must develop the understanding of each formula before you start your numerical.
- You must prepare a weekly study plan. You should assign a fixed number of chapters to each week and try to complete the topics as per the schedule.
- Always refer to NCERT book for attaining a grip of the basic concepts.
- To study organic chemistry, you must know the names of the various compounds that constitute the reagents, substrates etc.
- Studying the types of reaction is also very important. Always remember how to classify on the basis of the rate determining step.
- After completing each chapter always note down the important thing you have learned.This will help you to remember the points.
- Also, start creating your own mechanism. You may make mistakes in the beginning but that’s okay. Involve the conditions, reactants and any other data given and start making some logic.
- Since Inorganic chemistry, you only have to learn by heart. So study with full concentration without any disturbance.
- Make periodic table as your second friend because knowledge of periodic table will fetch you lot of marks in the exam.
- Another important thing you must not forget to study is metallurgy.First, understand the metallurgical operation and their application.
- Don’t forget to do coordination compound. It’s a simple and scoring topic.The best way to master coordination compound is practice.
NEET 2018 Chemistry Syllabus
Below there are the given syllabus
|S. No.||Class 11th||Class|
|1.||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|2.||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|3.||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|4.||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|5.||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|6.||Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7.||Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|8.||Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|10.||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|11.||Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|12.||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13.||Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
If you want to clear your concepts you can download the subject-wise Animated Video Free Apps on your phones.
Secondly, if you want to make the right strategy for NEET 2018 then check NEET 2018 Strategy.
Hope this post on ‘NEET 2018 Chemistry’ was helpful for you. So do like and share this post on your social networking accounts so more students can benefit out of this. In addition to this, you can call us at our toll-free number 18001028506 for any further help.