NEST 2017 (National Entrance Screening Test) is an entrance exam in India. It happens once in a year for the admission in N.I.S.E.R (National Institute of Science Education and Research) Bhubaneswar and C.B.S (Center for Excellence in Basic Science).
Both N.I.S.E.R and C.B.S are autonomous schools. It was formed by the government of India in 2007. Both the institutes are residential schools with modern facility.
The N.E.S.T exam is a compulsory test for admission to the 5 years Integrated M.Sc. program in Basic Science.
The syllabus for NEST will be from N.C.E.R.T/C.B.S.E science stream.
NEST examination has been conducted from 2007 onwards. N.I.S.E.R has been continuously adding more seats every year.
NEST 2017: Important Dates
Check out the important dates for NEST 2017
|Online Application starts||January 2nd, 2017|
|Online Application closes||March 6, 2017|
|Admit Card Download||April 14, 2017|
|NEST 2017 Examination||May 27, 2017 (Saturday) 10 am to 1 pm|
NEST 2017: Exam Pattern
- Only the best three subject–scores along with the score in the general section will be counted for evaluation and merit list preparation.
- No negative marking in the general section.
- In the subject sections, for certain questions, there will be negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Some questions may have one or more correct answers for which marks can only be earned by marking all correct answers and no wrong answer.
|1||General Section||30 marks||Compulsory|
|2||Biology||50 marks||Best of 3|
|3||Chemistry||50 marks||Best of 3|
|4||Mathematics||50 marks||Best of 3|
|5||Physics||50 marks||Best of 3|
NEST 2017: Application Process
- The first step is to register yourself through this website- https://www.nestexam.in.
- To do that you will need an email address.
- You will get a mail to the email id you have provided. This mail would containing a link to confirm your registration. So make sure you give an email address you have access to.
- After the confirmation, provide the same email id & password. Also, enter the secret code.
- This process will help you to visit the profile as many times as you wish.
- In case you forget the password, you can retrieve the password only twice.
- Now in the second step, you need to provide your personal information, choice of centres and academic details.
- You must provide the qualifying board examination of class 10th and class 12th.
- If your board provides only C.G.P.A (Cumulative Grade Point Average), you need to converting C.G.P.A into a percentage. You can do this by multiplying the C.G.P.A with 9.5, to get the percentage. For example, if your C.G.P.A is 8.1 then your equivalent will be 76.95% (8.1 x 9.5).
- In the third step, you have to upload your photo and signature.
- First, scan the photo and signature then save it into JPEG file.
- The size of the photo and signature should be 100 KB each.
11. Now in the final step, you have to make the payment either through Debit card or Credit card or Net banking.
The fee structure is given below:
|Sr. No.||Particular||Application Fee|
|1.||Male (General and OBC Categories)||₹ 700/|
|2.||Male (SC and ST Categories)||₹ 350/|
|3.||Female (All Categories)||₹ 350/|
|4.||Person with Physical Disability (All Categories)||₹ 350/|
12. After providing your personal information, photograph and signature then a single page is generated.
13. The page contains yours all information, provided by you. If you want to change the information then have to log out and re-login again.
14. After verifying each and every information click on submit button.
15. Please remember that once submitted, NEST office immediately receives your data. You are not allowed to further edit any information.
If you want to clear any of your concept in Physics, Chemistry or Biology you can download the Animated Video Free Apps on your phones.
In addition, you could refer to C.B.S.E Free Science and Maths Video.
Hope this post on ‘NEST 2017’ was helpful for you. Do like and share this post on your social networking accounts so more students can benefit out of this. Additionally, you can call us at our toll-free number 1800 102 8506 for any further help.