WBJEE stands West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is a state-government controlled centralized test, conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for admission to many private and governmental medical and engineering institutions in West Bengal. This posts give you details on WBJEE Admit Card 2016, Application Form Correction, Exam Pattern and Dates etc.
About WBJEE 2016
The test is taken after the 12th grade for admission to graduation (also known as Bachelors) courses. The exam can be taken by those who studied Pure Science stream in plus two level with the specific subjects tested in the examination, which are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. There are actually two separate tests for medical (also called WBJEE Medical) and engineering (also called WBJEE), the difference being that the medical test has the Biology paper while the engineering test has the Mathematics paper.
WBJEE 2016 Important Dates
|Notification of WBJEE 2016||
24th December, 2016.
|Commencement of Application Submission||
5th January, 2016.
|Last Date for submission||
29th February, 2016.
|Last date of document uploading||
2nd March, 2016.
|Last date of fee payment||
5th March, 2016.
|Last date of printout||
31st March, 2016.
|Correction of Form||7th March, 2016 to 12th March, 2016.|
|WBJEE Admit Card 2016 Download||
3rd April , 2016.
|Date of Examination
Physics & Chemistry
17th May, 2016 (9 AM to 11:30 AM).
17th May, 2016 (12.45 PM to 2.45 PM).
17th May, 2016 (3.30 PM to 5.30 PM).
|Publication of Result||
5th June, 2016.
WBJEE 2016 Eligibility
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must be at least 17 (seventeen) years of age as on 31.12.2016. There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates must pass Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/ Board in regular class mode.
- Minimum of 60% marks in the above subjects taken together (55% for SC or ST or PwD or OBC-A ot OBC-B candidates) as well as pass in English with a minimum of 30% marks (for all categories of candidates) in the said qualifying examination.
- If after examination or admission, or during any stage there of it is found on scrutiny that an applicant is under age or otherwise ineligible, his/her application for admission will be cancelled outright even if he/she appeared in WBJEE-2016 and secured a position in the Merit List.
- 80% to 90% seats shall be available for admission through WBJEE-2016.
- 10% Seats shall be available for admission through the all India Entrance Examination.
WBJEE 2016 Exam Pattern
- WBJEE 2016 will be paper-pen based exam.
- The duration of WBJEE 2016 is 6 ½ hour.
- The paper comprises of 350 multiple choice questions (M.C.Q).
- There are 3 Subjects in this examination: Biological Sciences, Physics + Chemistry and mathematics.
- Each subject is divided into three categories in this examination, so each category has different marking scheme. In category 1 the negative marking is 1/4th , in category 2 the negative marking is 1/2th and in category 3 there is no negative marking.
- Answers are to be marked using only blue or black ball point pen on the O.M.R. answer sheet.
|Category 1(Marks)||Category 2(Mark)||Category 3(Mark)||Total No. of Questions||
|Physics + Chemistry||
WBJEE 2016 Application Procedure
- Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the portal wbjeeb.nic.in.
- The candidate need to visit the portal and CLICK the link and thereafter will be directed to the actual application form.
- As soon as the cursor is pointed to a certain field, a cursor tip message will be shown to the candidate to assist in filling up.
- In case of difficulty, the help icon placed right next to the field will redirect the candidate to that section of the Brochure which deals with filling up of the said field.
- Candidates will be required to fill their personal details. After filling all details and successful submission.
- During form filling, candidate is also required to choose a PASSWORD and a security question and answer.
- Candidate has to remember this question-answer pair for prompt retrieval of password in case it is forgotten at later stage.
- Once an Application Number is generated and the password is chosen, the candidates may logout or continue to upload documents.
WBJEE 2016 Document Uploading
Candidates need to upload the following documents as applicable for different categories (in JPG format) in one session.
|Recent colored passport sized photograph||
4 to 100 KB
1 to 30 KB
|Left hand thumb impression (L.T.I.)||
1 to 30 KB
|Admit card/ registration certificate/ mark sheet of 10th standard, where date of birth is mentioned or birth certificate||
50 to 300 KB
50 to 300 KB
50 to 300 KB
50 to 300 KB
WBJEE Admit Card 2016
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board lets applicants make corrections to their application between 7th March and 12th March. You can now download the WBJEE Admit Card 2016 from 3rd April 2016 onwards.
Do like and share this post on your social networking accounts like facebook or twitter to help aspirants get this information. Your simple share might help many..